Adelaide Plastic Surgery COVID -19 Policy
Our priority at Adelaide Plastic Surgery has always been to provide safe and accessible health care for our patients. With this in mind, the following policies will be in place when attending Adelaide Plastic Surgery. These have been formulated to best protect you as the patient, as well as our staff and others visiting the practice.
Patient Vaccination Status
As a practice it is our preference that all patients be fully vaccinated, however at this stage, Adelaide Plastic Surgery will continue to provide a service to all patients regardless of their vaccination status.
As a part of our updated COVID-19 screening process we will be recording patient vaccination status. If you are vaccinated, we will require the document number from your vaccination certificate. Please keep this in mind when attending your appointment and have this information ready if possible, however we will do our best to gather this information from you prior to your appointment.
Where suitable, we encourage patients to have Telehealth consultations and/or review appointments. Please let us know when booking your appointment if you are open to this option, and one of our team members will determine if this option is appropriate for your particular surgical needs.
As a practice we do encourage unvaccinated patients to arrange Telehealth consultations where possible.
We remind you that as a practice we require patients to wait a minimum of 2 weeks before and two weeks after their COVID-19 vaccination for any dermal filler treatments with our injecting nurses. This is in line with the recommendations of the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Coming to your appointment
Patients attending Adelaide Plastic Surgery
If you are a patient visiting our practice we ask that you:
- Have no COVID-19 symptoms. If it is essential you attend your appointment and you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms you must have proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test, no more than 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Come alone, or with ONE approved carer if essential. Please be aware that during this time we cannot accommodate children less than 12 years of age at our clinic. If your child is the intended patient please refer to our paediatric appointments policy below for further information.
- Follow strict hygiene practices in accordance with SA Health requirements. This includes making use of hand sanitising stations positioned throughout the clinic and practicing social distancing.
- Wear a surgical mask at all times. We encourage patients to please bring their own masks, however, if you do not have one available to you at the time of your appointment we can provide you with one.
- Check in using the QR codes throughout the practice, or, using the sign in sheet provided at front reception.
- Answer COVID-19 screening questions on arrival, including vaccination status and your possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Provide evidence of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (when required). In line with the major private hospitals we are affiliated with, some patients will be required to show evidence of a negative Rapid Antigen Test prior to their treatment/procedure with us. We will contact you directly if this requirement is applicable to you.
Carer’s or Visitors attending Adelaide Plastic Surgery
As stated previously, no visitors are able to accompany patients unless they are an approved essential carer and/or is accompanying a paediatric patient. Due to our limited capacity and the safety of patients and staff, requests for visitors outside of these guidelines will be considered on a case by case basis.
A reminder that no children (under the age of 12 years old) are permitted to accompany a patient to their appointment.
Approved essential carers/visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will be required to provide proof of vaccination as part of our COVID-19 screening process. Essential carers/visitors will also be required to follow strict hygiene practices, wear a mask at all times, check in with either QR codes or sign in sheets provided, and answer COVID-19 screening questions on arrival.
We ask that only one fully vaccinated parent/carer is to attend any paediatric appointment. Children under the age of 12 are not required to wear a mask.
Please be aware that our surgeons operate and consult from various private hospitals across South Australia – each with their own individual COVID-19 policies that may differ from ours. We will endeavour to inform you of any requirements from your hospital that are applicable to you and your surgery, including further Rapid Antigen Tests and/or mandatory isolation. Your hospital will also advise you of their policy requirements prior to your admission.
There are no longer any entry requirements for all interstate travellers into South Australia, however, as this is an evolving situation it is your own responsibility to be aware of any travel requirements. Please be aware if you have been identified as a contact of a confirmed case interstate, you must not enter South Australia until at least 7 days after your last contact with the COVID-19 case while they were infectious.
When not to attend the practice
For your safety and the safety of our patients and staff, we ask that you please do not attend the practice and reschedule your appointment if you have had contact with someone diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19 and/or you are experiencing any of the below COVID-19 symptoms and your appointment is not essential.
Fever, cough, tiredness, and loss of taste and/or smell.
Less common symptoms:
sore throat, headache, aches and pains, diarrhoea, red or irritated eyes, a skin rash or discolouration of fingers or toes.
Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, loss of speech or mobility, confusion, and chest pain.
As a practice we will continue to monitor expert guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus and will update our practices accordingly. If you have any questions at all regarding your appointment please do not hesitate to call (08) 8213 1800 and speak with one of our helpful team members. We appreciate your time and patience and look forward to seeing you soon.