Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon
MBBS MD FRACS
Nick Marshall is a specialist plastic and reconstructive surgeon, trained principally in South Australia. Once he obtained his fellowship of plastic surgery with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS), he undertook a 12 month fellowship at Canniesburn Hospital in Scotland.
This was followed by fellowships as a visiting observer, both in New York at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre and at the Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas. Nick used these invaluable experiences to gain further expertise in head and neck cancer management (including reconstruction), breast reconstruction, cutaneous malformations, rhinoplasty and facelift surgery.
In 2000, he was awarded the higher degree of Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Adelaide for his research in wound-healing physiology.
Nick joined us here at Adelaide Plastic Surgery in 2003. He is currently Senior Visiting Specialist at Flinders Medical Centre with special interests in breast reconstruction, melanoma surgery and head and neck cancer management. He is also a founding member of the Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Clinic at Flinders.
Having previously chaired the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgery, Nick is currently a member of the executive committee of the Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society. In addition, he remains actively involved in the education of medical students and junior medical staff.
Nick’s clinical interests include:
- Head and neck reconstructive surgery, and salivary gland surgery
- Surgical management of melanoma and other cutaneous malignancies
- All aspects of breast surgery, in particular reconstructive surgery
- Facial aesthetic surgery (blepharoplasty/facelift/rhinoplasty)
- Body-contour surgery (abdominoplasty and other post-weight-loss surgery)
- All aspects of hand surgery (including elective and emergency cases).
- Adelaide Plastic Surgery – 4/18 North Terrace Adelaide SA 5000
- Mt Gambier Hospital, Wehl Street North, Mount Gambier SA 5290
- Naracoorte Hospital, 101 Jenkins Terrace, Naracoorte SA 5271
- Stirling Hospital, 20 Milan Terrace, Stirling SA Australia
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- SA Hand Surgery Society
- Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Stay up to date
Breast Implant and BIA-ALCL Update
You may have seen recent media reports regarding Breast Implanted Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).